There is no newsletter category found.
Affiliated brunches in Minsk region
The Borisov District was formed in 1924. It’s area is 3 thousand square km, and its population is 192.4 thousand people. Borisov is its administrative center.
Borisov is one of the most ancient Belarusian towns laid in 1102 by Boris Vseslavovich, the King of Polotsk.
By 1793 Borisov has grown to a chief uyezd (district) town of the Russian Empire.
In 1985, on the date when the 40th anniversary of the great victory was celebrated, Borisov was decorated with the first class Patriotic War Order.
Today, Borisov is one of the large Belarusian towns. It has more than 40 enterprises, in particular, Borisov Electrical Equipment Plant JSC; “AutoHidroUsilitel Works” Republican Unitary Industrial Enterprise; “Ekran” Research Company, Republican Unitary Enterprise; Borisov Plant of Plastic Articles JSC; “Borisov Medicines Plant” Republican Unitary Company, Frebor JV, etc.
Dairy farming, pig-breeding, poultry keeping, growing of grain, potato, vegetables, flax are the priority lines of agro-industrial complex.
The town dwellers Andrey Aryamnov (heavy athletics) and Alexey Abalmasov won gold medals at Olympic games 2008 in Beijing.
The Dzerzhinsk District was formed in 1924. It occupies 1.2 thousand square km, its population is 61.5 thousand people. Dzerzhinsk is its administrative center.
During its long history the district center had three names: Krutogorye, Koidanovo, Dzerzhinsk. Dzerzhinsk was first mentioned as early as the middle of the XII century. According to M. Shpilevsky, the well-known Belarusian ethnographer of the XIX century, Koidanow was once named Krutogorye, where a large stone castle with a wild beast show stood out among the buildings. Should one also consider another legend stating that an icon with “Krutogorye, 1146” inscription was kept in the old (burned) church of Koidanovo, he can guess that the name “Koidanovo” has not existed till the second half of the XII century.
The settlement named Koidanovo was first recorded approximately in 1439 when one of the first Belarusian Roman-Catholic churches was founded there, and then in 1445 in connection with assignment of Koidanovo, together with other towns, by the Grand Duke of Lithuania Kazimir IV Yagelonchik to his brother Mikhail Zhigimontovich.
In April 1932 the VII Extraordinary Congress of Councils for Koidanov National Polish District was held, whereat a decision was made to give the district a new name of Dzerzhunski National Polish District (existed till 1937) and to give the borough Koidanovo a new name of Dzerzhinsk.
As of today, the town industry is presented with 21 enterprises of different ownership patterns. The main branches are the machine-building and metal-working (Pilot Mechanical Plant, Experimental Mechanical Plant, Motor Repair Plant, Ferroconcrete Metalware Plant, etc.). light industry (“Eliz” Garment Factory, Textile Mill, Flax-Scutching Mill), and food industry (Milk Plant and Bread-Baking Plant). As many as 16 agricultural organizations, “Dzerzhinsky Agro Complex” open joint stock company, “Shikotovichy” Livestock Breeding Association function in the district. Meat and milk industry and flax cultivation are the main agricultural branches.
Natural resources such as peat, sand, clay for coarse ceramic are extracted there.
As for the most significant point of interest, the architectural monuments such as the St. Anna Roman-Catholic church (second half of the XVIII century), the St. Protection church (erected in 1851), monuments in honour of liberation of the town from the German fascist invaders are worth mentioning.
The Molodechno District was formed in 1940. Its area is 1.4 thousand square km, the population makes 143 thousand people.
Molodechno was first recorded in the written documents at the close of the XIV century (1388) and was granted the status of the town in 1929.
During its existence, the Molodechno District has changed from the predominantly agricultural area into the district with well-developed industrial and processing branches, powerful construction complex. As many as 17 industrial, 6 processing enterprises function in the District. The construction complex includes 18 large construction organizations.
The enterprises well-known far beyond the Republic, such as Belhudozhkeramika Open Joint Stock Company, Zabudova Open Joint Stock Company which produce the wide range of modern high-quality building materials and are also involved in construction of housing estates, amenities, manufacturing entities, make the business card of the Molodechno area.
As many as 250 monuments of history and culture are located in the territory of the District. Among them are the ruins of the castle in Gorodok village (XIV–XVIII centuries), the Trinity Roman Catholic church and the Bernardines monastery in Benitsa village (turn of the XVIII century), Roman Catholic churches in Radoshkovichy urban settlement (XIX century) and Krasnoye village (1912), smallholding and park ensembles in Malinovka village (XIX century) and Yakhimovstchina (XIX century), “Viazynka” memorial national park of Ya. Kupala, etc.
The Molodechno area is a motherland of Yanka Kupala, the people’s poet of Belarus (former Viazynka farm), Thomash Zan, the poet, participant of the liberation movement in Belarus and Lithuania (Myasota village), the B.I. and V.I. Dybovskys, nature scientists (former Adomarin estate). The names of classics of the Belarusian literature V. Dunin-Martsinkevich, Frantishek Bogushevich, Maxim Bogdanovich, composer Mikhail Oginsky are connected with this region.
More than 125 monuments immortalize the occurrences of the World War II. “Shtalag-342” memorial complex in the Victory Park (Molodechno), monuments to the Heroes of the Soviet Unions A.I. Volynets, F.G. Markov, N. Gastelo’s crew (Radoshkovichy urban settlement), dwellers of Sakovstchina village (Myasota rural council) burned alive during the war are among them.
Many routs lead to the Molodechno District. Highway and railway lines running to Vilnius, Polotsk, Lida, Minsk and Volozhin meet there.
The Nesvizh District was formed in 1940. Its area makes 863.3 square km, its population is 42.9 thousand people. Nesvizh is its administrative center.
Nesvizh is one of the most ancient cultural centers of Belarus. It is fairly called the memorial town. The first legend of this town is dated as early as 1223. The first record in the chronicle is dated 1446.
Today as many as 104 monuments (32 monuments of architecture, 8 of archeology, 64 of history, for example, “The Corpus Christi” Roman Catholic church (the first object of religious worship of Jesuits in the territory of Belarus), the Town Hall (the most ancient of those remained in the territory of Belarus), rows of stalls, the building of the Benedictine nunnery, the gate of Slutsk, the Craftsmen House, the library, collections from different fields of science and culture, the art gallery exist in the District.
At present, the complex program for development of Nesvizh as a cultural and tourist center of this country has been developed and is implemented step-by-step. Its main goals are to restore historical and cultural heritage of the town and to develop infrastructure for tourism.
On 15 July 2005, the architectural and cultural complex of the Princes Radzivills’ former residence in Nesvizh was entered in the World Heritage of Mankind List by a decision of the Intergovernmental Committee for Protection of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage.
As many as 17 industrial enterprises operate in the territory of the Nesvizh District. Gorodeya Sugar Industrial Complex Joint Stock Company, Nesvizh Medicines Plant Republican Unitary Company, Nesvizh-Len Close Joint Stock Company and others are among them.
The enterprises of the District produce medications, nonalcoholic beverage, baked goods, whole-milk products, butter, preserved milk products, soft cheeses, meat and sausage goods, tinned food, beer, furniture, fuel briquettes, printed matters.
The Nesvizh District is one of the largest manufacturers of agricultural products in the Region. The District specializes in growing of grain, potato, sugar beet, flax, vegetables; it is also characterized by a high level of livestock sector development.
Starting from 1996, “Muses of Nesvizh” chamber music festival is held in the town annually.
The Slutsk District was formed in 1924. Its area is 1.8 thousand square km, its population is 96.6 thousand people. Slutsk is its administrative center.
Slutsk Principality was first recorded in the Vestry Book by F.F. Serno-Solovievich as early as 1086; the first mentioning of Slutsk in the Primary Chronicle was dated approximately 1116.
The Slutsk area is the largest manufacturer of agricultural products in the Minsk Region. As many as 29 industrial enterprises, 15 building organizations operate in the district.
Slutsk Meat-Packing Factory, Open Joint Stock Company; MinskEnergo Republican Unitary Enterprise under the Slutsk Electricity Supply Networks; Slutsk Sugar Complex, Open Joint Stock Company; Slutsk Cheese-Making Plant, Open Joint Stock Company; Slutsk Milled and Hulled Products Complex, Open Joint Stock Company are the largest enterprises.
As many as 24 agricultural organizations and 18 farms are located in the Slutsk district.
There are as many as 259 monuments (37 of them are located in the town itself, and 222 in the rural area) in the district territory.
The Soligorsk District was formed in 1924 ãîäó. Its area is 2.5 thousand square km, its population makes 140 thousand people. Soligorsk is its administrative center.
As many as 7 industrial enterprises operate in the District. The main product groups are peat briquettes, carving wood parquet, furniture, whole-milk produce, fruit and vegetable preserves, bread and baked goods, nonalcoholic beverages, sausages. Major overhaul of tractors, harvesters, units and assemblies is provided; agricultural equipment is manufactured.
As many as 30 agricultural companies exist in the District. The District specializes in dairy and meat industry, growing of grain, sugar beet, potato.
Soligorsk is one of the youngest Belarusian towns. Its construction started in 1958 in connection with commercial development of Starobinsky potassium ore deposit (the Europe largest supply).
During 45 years an architectural look of Soligorsk was formed. The town has become a large center of mining and chemical industry in the Republic of Belarus. Industry is a leading branch of the national economy. “Belaruscaly Production Association” Republican Unitary Company, which outputs potash fertilizers, is a major manufacturer.
In 1994, the Association launched the production of dietary salt which is much in demand. Associated production such as clothing manufacture, meat-processing complex and beer complex were organized at the Belaruscaly Production Association.
As many as 5 light industry enterprises operate in the town. Kupalinka Open Joint Stock Company, Kalinka Closed Joint Stock Company, Nadzeya S MOUPTP are the largest. Kupalinka Open Joint Stock Company is the manufacturer of knitted fabric for underclothes and outerwear for children and adults. Kalinka Closed Joint Stock Company and Nadzeya S MOUPTP are the manufacturers of door garment for children and adults. Such mentioned companies compete with the companies from Great Britain, Germany, France, USA, Czechia, Italy.
In 2003, construction of the new fifth mine started with a view to replenish supply of potassium ore.
2009 © Minsk Department of the Belarusian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Design by - Mehanik